11 best gift ideas for women
Okay, ladies, we know you might be slammed this holiday season. That’s why we’re here to help at The Honest Talk. Isn’t this what we’ve built this community for?
Since our launch, women from across Canada have shared with us their favourite must-have items — things they love and things that make them a little bit happier.
So, here is our ultimate gift guide for you this holiday season! Whether you need a present for your friend, mom, colleague, or in-law — we’ve got you covered. And please, don’t forget about something for yourself.
Beauty gifts for women — things we love!
- You can’t go wrong with Chanel’s Le Lift Yeux eye cream! It’s a bit pricey, but well worth it, and a little goes a long way. It’s ultra-hydrating and has no scent. Our co-founder Catherine Clark is happy with it and says it makes her look at least two weeks younger. Price — $125 on the official Chanel website.
- Hydrafusion 4D HA Water Burst Cream from Instytutum is another perfect winter gift, especially for women with dry skin! It works, making skin shine and feel fantastic. It even snagged a beauty award in the States a while back. Price — $120 (US$88) on the official website. They deliver to Canada.
- Davines Nourishing Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner is perfect for thin hair. Give someone a happy hair day! Its price is higher than that of a store-bought conditioner, but a little really does go a long way. You can also use it as a treatment and use a less-expensive conditioner in-between. Price — $56 on Amazon.
- L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Mascara is not a pricey gift, but it still works great! It’s perfect for someone tired of eyelash extensions and looking for a go-to mascara. It’s easy to apply and doesn’t smear.
Price — $13.46 on Amazon and in Walmart.
- Lip sleeping mask by Laneige is a real lip balm hero! Its silky texture is super-hydrating and a little goes a long way. It comes in lots of luscious flavours like mango, berry, and even gummy bear. Price — $32.50 at Sephora.
Fashion gifts for women
- What about lingerie? You might find a perfect bra for yourself at Pepper! Pepper designs and sells a beautiful array of ethically produced bras guaranteed to make you feel comfortable (and beautiful) in your own skin.
- Knitwear by Parisian clothing brand Sézane! Their sweaters and cardigans are so cozy and chic — it’s just a fantastic gift for the winter holidays! They deliver to Canada within a few days, and you don’t have to pay import fees.
Cozy gifts for women
- Coffee from Starbucks — have you tried their Christmas blend? This might be an excellent gift for the coffee lover in your life!
- Blume Reishi hot cacao blend is a perfect way to add cozy vibes to someone’s holidays. Caffeine-free, warm, and apparently stress-relieving … sipping a cup of this cacao is a lovely guilt-free way to relax at the end of the year.
- Bath bombs from Quebec-based Savonerrie Saponaria — your friends with kids will love this! With all-natural “flavours” ranging from Mountain Fresh to Creamy Coconut, and Dreamy Mermaid to Monkey Fart, kids will be begging to be bathed.
- A gift pack of mini Prosecco bottles can be your go-to gift for the holidays — with Gold, Rose Gold, Vino dei Poeti Prosecco, and Petalo Moscato all in one beautiful package that is its own waterproof ice bag, you can even gift them chilled! This gift is available pretty much all over the world, it’s just the right size, it looks so pretty, and it tastes even better — happy holidays!